In this article we discuss the current reality in our society of Perinatal anxiety and depression ….
….what are the symptoms and what does this look like on a day to day basis.
Unbeknown to some, Chinese medicine has been helping transform people’s mental hygiene for centuries.
In recent years, Perinatal anxiety and depression has become a major public health concern….
….according to beatbabyblues.com.au the huge impact on our community is growing.
Signs and symptoms of Perinatal Anxiety and Depression
The signs and symptoms of perinatal anxiety and depression include:
- Panic attacks
- Persistent, generalised worry, often focused on fears for the health or wellbeing of the baby
- The development of obsessive or compulsive behaviours
- Abrupt mood swings
- Feeling constantly sad, low, or crying for no reason
- Feeling constantly tired and lacking energy
- Losing interest in sex or intimacy
- Being easily annoyed or irritated
- Fear of being alone with baby
- Intrusive thoughts of harm to self or baby
- Having thoughts of death or suicide